At the completion of this course, it is expected that you will be able to:
- Define what a food allergy is
- List common allergens of concern within the local environment
- Identify the impact that food allergy has on individuals and the wider community
- Demonstrate an understanding of why the food industry is required to manage allergens
- Recall different food handler responsibilities and GMP’s relating to allergen management
- Explain the concept of allergen cross contact and the potential for cross contact in a food production process
- Outline key legal requirements relating to allergen labelling
This training is suitable for all food personnel including production and service employees, food safety supervisors, HACCP team members, QA professionals, food auditors, administration support, food consultants, contractors and senior management. This is a great course to develop your food allergen knowledge or as a refresher to your current knowledge.
This course is personally trained by Amanda Evans-Lara who is a qualified trainer and auditor with over 20 years’ experience in food safety.