The BRCGS Environmental Monitoring Training course has been designed to provide delegates with an understanding of the key components of an environmental monitoring programme. It will also show how to identify potential microbiological risks in production and open product areas; in addition to explaining different sampling methods and key elements of a corrective action procedure.
This is particularly useful when implementing an environmental monitoring programme based on the BRCGS Global Standard for Food Safety Issue 8 requirements and industry best practices.
The training is presented through live virtual modality and breaks down key learning’s, steps and processes in an easy to understand format.
This BRCGS course covers:
- An overview of Environmental Monitoring related to the BRC Global Standard – Food.
- General principles of environmental monitoring
- Risk-based environmental monitoring
- Determining sampling sites
- Pathogens and pathogen indicators
- Sampling methods
- Developing a sampling schedule
- Evaluating data
- Environmental monitoring program review
- Workplace Assessment
To provide delegates with an understanding of the key components of an environmental monitoring programme.
By the completion of this BRCGS training, participants should be able to:
- Understand Issue 8 requirements and key components of an environmental monitoring programme, including risk assessment, sampling location, target organisms, test methods, sample frequency, establishing control limits, appropriate corrective action, validation/verification of the programme
- Describe appropriate target organisms and identify suitable sampling locations
- Explain different sampling methods
- Explain appropriate corrective action for environmental monitoring failures
- Develop an environmental monitoring programme based on Issue 8 requirements and industry best practice
Who should attend?
This training is suitable for technical and quality personnel, auditors and consultants.
Course facilitator: This course is personally trained by Amanda Evans-Lara who is a BRCGS Approved Virtual Trainer and BRCGS Approved Training Partner with over 20 years’ experience in food safety.
Prerequisite: It would be helpful for delegates to have read or be familiar with at least one of the BRCGS standards. These are free to download from the BRCGS Bookshop.
Delivery: Virtual Live (face-to-face)
Duration: 1 day
Assessment: This course includes a post-course assignment. The delegate will need to develop an environmental monitoring plan. A total score of 75% or over is required to receive a Pass grade.
Award: BRCGS Certificate of Achievement
Requirements: A stable internet connection that is capable of streaming video and audio, a webcam and microphone.
Note: This is virtual training. It is two-way interactive and live via video and sound.